|Name||:||National institution for Evaluation, Quality Assurance and Accreditation "IEAQA"|
|President||:||Pr Hamadi ATTIA|
|Address||:||05 rue de Nabeul, 1075 Bab Elkhadra Tunis|
- Decree No. 2012-1719 of 14 September 2012 establishing the creation of the national authority for evaluation, quality assurance and accreditation and the modalities of its operations.
- Law No. 2008-19 of 25 February 2008 on higher education
Support public and private academic institutions to develop the culture of quality in the Tunisian academic context and to ensure international confidence in the Tunisian higher education system.
- Establishing the authority of IEAQA in quality assurance in Tunisia and initiate an external presence.
- To sensitize and support decision-makers, interest groups and interested parties to the concept of evaluation and accreditation in the Tunisian universities.
- Invest in the preparation and training of evaluators and experts.
- Establish partnerships and networking with Arab, African, and international counterparts to facilitate mutual exchange and recognition.
- Encourage studies, research, and innovations on the different components of quality assurance in higher education.
Commitments of the proceeding
- Implement a quality management system that ensures the impartiality, objectivity, transparency, and effectiveness of the evaluation and accreditation system.
- Provide all necessary means to ensure and accomplish its missions in accordance with the standards and references in force.
- Constantly review the quality objectives, regularly assess their adequacy with the needs of the various stakeholders and implement the necessary improvement actions.
- Continuously qualify, manage and supervise the skills of the staff & expert evaluators involved in the evaluation process.
- Continuously improve the effectiveness of its methods and procedures to meet the expectations of stakeholders and build the necessary confidence in the quality of services provided.
- Evaluation of higher education institutions (public and private sectors) in accordance with the IEAQA standard (PE-REF-03).
- Evaluation of programs and training (public and private sector) according to the IEAQA standard (PE-REF-01).
- Accreditation of programs and training courses.
- Assessment of the transformation of the status of universities and higher education institutions into public institutions of scientific and technological character "EPST" in accordance with the regulatory text (Decree No. 2008-3581 of 21 November 2008)